Thursday, March 17, 2011


On Sunday I was craving some brownies, and what a pregnant woman wants, a pregnant woman gets. I found a recipe for brownies from scratch with a bazillion amazing reviews, so I decided to give it a try. This turned out to be my biggest, messiest, smokiest failure in the kitchen EVER. The crazy thing is I still don't know what happened. I measured everything right, and put all the right ingredients in... I guess sometimes things just don't work out!

Because Pepper never really adjusted to the time change last fall, the last few days have actually been really nice with her sleeping schedule. Yesterday she slept in till 9am, and because she is our alarm clock, Corban and I also got to sleep in a little. She's usually up at 6:30-7am, so it was a nice treat. She has been sleeping great in general lately, which I attribute to the fact that she has croup. I figured she'd be up at all hours of the night coughing and miserable, but it's actually the opposite. 13+ hours of sleep every night, and often 2 naps during the day. One night last week she slept from 5:30pm-9am: 15.5 hours! All this coughing makes her one tired little girl. The worst part about croup has been when she coughs so hard that she gags herself and then pukes. After long coughing fits, she just looks at me exhausted with tears in her eyes and cries this really pitiful moan. My poor baby!

Corban takes the first part of the CPA exam on April 1st, and has been spending every spare moment studying for it.... every spare moment that he isn't at work or studying for his actual school classes, anyway. Which leaves a lot less time for him to spend with Pepper and I, but at least there is an end in sight! The CPA exam is split up into 4 parts, and he won't take the last one until July, but after school is over next month life can return to some semblance of normalcy. Hopefully...

I'm so proud of Corban for working so hard. He was up till 2am last night doing homework, pobrecito. There don't seem be enough hours in the day for him to get everything done, and even though I don't get to see him as much as I'd like to, he does a wonderful job of making me feel loved and appreciated... especially when I make divine dinners, as was the case last night. I don't even care that it wasn't exactly low calorie--Corban and I both needed some comfort food. We had broccoli cheese soup in bread bowls... aka: Heaven.

I'm making Irish Soda Bread and Irish Pub Stew tonight (minus the pub atmosphere...). Hope you have a great St. Patty's!

1 comment:

Micah said...

I love hearing about the things you make. Wear do you find these recipes. I guess I am to lazy to search for healthy alternatives. Probably because anything new never gets eaten by my main problem eater Anna GRRR!