Friday, February 25, 2011

Yummy Yummy Yum

I just wanted to share some new recipes I tried last night. We had sesame chicken over brown rice with a side of roasted asparagus. I halved both the chicken and brown rice, but we did eat a pound of asparagus all by ourselves because asparagus is healthy and deeeeeeeeeeelicious! This is the first time I've done anything besides steam asparagus, and we both really liked the result. It took maybe 20 mins extra to prep the asparagus (including peeling the ends) so I don't think I'll do it this way everytime... but it was yummy and I'm sure we'll eat it again. I used fresh ginger in the chicken and it really stood out--mmm yum! We have some left over chicken and sauce, and if (by some miracle) I make it to the store today I'll pick up a bag of stir fry veggies to add in. But it's snowing pretty hard right now... so... fat chance of that happening:) Maybe next time!

Oh, one other recipe--earlier this week I made mashed cauliflower. I've heard and read so many times that it closely resembles mashed potatoes, which we love, but is healthier... it turned out yummy, slightly runny, but still good. (I think I put too much sour cream.) I'm sure I'll be making it again. It was SO much better than plain old steamed cauliflower.

1 comment:

Micah said...

I love when you post your recipes! We are always looking for yummy new food!! Plus your stuff is always healthier!