I've never eaten much cauliflower in my life, but have been trying to incorporate it into more of our meals. We don't have anything against cauliflower, but it can just be so .... blah. I tried a new recipe last week (Roasted Parmesan Garlic Cauliflower) and it was AMAZING. So easy, so simple, super healthy, and DELICIOUS! I have a new found love for this vegetable. I didn't have any parmesan cheese on hand, but it was delicious (and healthier) without it! When I told Corban the recipe called for parm, his eyes glazed over a little and he frothed at the mouth slightly... but he still ate a lot of the non-parm recipe. Hooray for yummy new recipes!
I had an ultrasound last week and the baby looks healthy and is doing very well. We're still having a boy:) My dad was in town and came to the ultrasound with us. Even though my dad has 6 kids, he's never been to an ultrasound before... they weren't standard procedure back in the day. The baby has started moving around a lot--my favorite part about pregnancy:)
Pepper had a great time bonding with my dad over the last week. She's friendly to everyone, strangers and all, but I've never seen her take to someone like she has to my dad. She loves her grandpa! Pepper is trying hard to talk... she jibber-jabbers all day long:) Sometimes she pauses in the middle of her jabbering, looks at me really intently, and says, "Ummm..." like she's trying to think of what to say next. She also says hi, bye, outside, some, ow, night-night, duckie, no, hot, wow, and daddy.
Pepper has a fascination with putting things (toys, blocks, pens, etc) down her shirt... where they usually get stuck because she wears a onesie most days. A few nights ago, it was almost time for Pepper to go to bed. She was playing by herself, then all of a sudden she started limping and fussing like something was wrong with her foot. I took her PJs off and found she had put Corban's flash drive in her PJs, and it had traveled all the way down to her foot.
When Corban calls me to say he's on his way home, I tell Pepper, "Daddy's coming home!" and she hurriedly climbs up the couch, stands on the top/back of it while holding onto the window sill, watches out the window until she sees him come around the corner, then knocks on the glass and says, "Hi! Hi!" until he comes inside. She is fascinated by everything new and says "OoooOOOoooOO!" a LOT. She makes me laugh a lot:)
Corban has started studying for the CPA exam, and he'll take the first part in April. We're counting down the time until he finishes grad school (9 weeks and 3 days till graduation!!). He's worked hard, sacrificed a lot, and we are SO excited to be done with school (and with Provo, for that matter). Also, he made me breakfast in bed this morning. Yeah, he's pretty much amazing.
Happy Valentine's Day to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment