The further along I get, the more differences I'm noticing between this pregnancy and my last one:
Then: Day-long nausea the whole first trimester, and then nausea every morning thereafter
Now: Nausea around weeks 4-6, and then it stopped! Thank you UNISOM!
Then: I don't think I changed any diapers while I was pregnant... I didn't have any kids of my own, so there wasn't really a need...
Now: Lots of dry heaving while changing poopy diapers (sorry if that's TMI). I haven't actually thrown up at all this pregnancy, but the closest I've come has been while changing my lovely daughter's diapers. (I should add here that when Corban is home he is always willing to help with diaper changes... though if I go ahead and change it, he always gets a good laugh out of the noises and faces I make.)
Then: My OB (aka Dr Jerkface) wasn't my favorite person.
Now: I'm a midwife convert!
Then: The worst part of my day was choking down (literally choking down) prenatal vitamins.
Now: Per doctors orders, I get 2 Flintstones vitamins instead of those massively nasty prenatals. Who doesn't love Flintstones?
Then: We coughgrudginglycough moved into a 1 bdrm apt so we could be resident managers and try to graduate without debt.
Now: Still in that 1 bdrm but we'll be in a 2 bdrm when baby #2 comes!! (At least we're hoping that's what happens...) And we're on track to graduate in April without debt! Hooray!
Then: I loved my job, but all day long I dreamed of laying down. If only for a few minutes... what I wouldn't have given to just lay down for one minute.
Now: Oh the life of a stay-at-home mom! Pepper and our apartment complex keep my busy for sure, but when I need to lay down, I LAY DOWN.
Then: After I got home from work each day I collapsed into bed for a couple hours. It's crazy how exhausting 8 hours a day behind a desk can be when you're pregnant.
Now: Corban is an angel and his schedule allows him to get up with Pepper everyday so he lets me sleep in... I won't tell you how late:) But I will tell you that I am far from sleep deprived.
Then: I panicked daily about the cost of labor and delivery, diapers, etc. and wondering how we could possibly afford any of it. I worried constantly about diabetes affecting my pregnancy, and was especially concerned about how I would handle motherhood. Basically I was a ball (haha, literally and figuratively) of stress 24/7.
Now: I've learned the ropes! I don't know everything--motherhood is a daily learning process. But I know I can handle it. My biggest concern now is the transition of one kid to two. I know it won't be easy, but people do it all the time. I'm sure we'll make it through.
Then: I could eat Wendy's for lunch everyday.
Now: No food sounds (or smells) good. Ever. Except ice cream and cereal (maybe because neither really has much of a smell).
Then: I lived in Provo, worked in American Fork, and drove back to Provo on many lunch breaks for OB appointments.
Now: I still live in Provo, but now I drive to American Fork for my appointments. There are a bazillion OBs in Provo, but not many midwives (that are covered by my insurance anyway) so off to American Fork I go.
Then: I was a mess of hormones, jumping to conclusions, taking offense at everything, and crying at the drop of a hat.
Now: HA HA, who am a kidding. No change here:)
We've convinced ourselves that all of the differences between pregnancy #1 and #2 can only mean one thing....
IT'S GOT TO BE A BOY!!
Am I right or am I right?
Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow!
5 comments:
YEAH!! I totally expect a phone call...
WOW is it really that time already!! I can't believe it. THis is a great post! I am jealous your insurance covers a midwife! So are you really doing it at home, birthing center or in Utah do they let midwives deliver in the hospital?? I am curious!! I totally think it would be awesome to have a midwife.
Micah-- My insurance covers midwives as long as it is a certified nurse midwife who delivers my baby in a hospital. I will be induced at 38 weeks again anyway, which they also won't let happen at home... Everything will definitely be happening at the hospital!
Loved it! ALL of it! I'll have to do one of my own when the time comes. Oh, and thank you for reminding me to take my "nasty" prenatal vitamin. ;)
Congrats Teneill! That is super exciting. You will do great with two kiddos. Your little Pepper is darling!!!
Post a Comment